Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Year of 30

I am quickly approaching my 31st birthday this November. This past year has been the most fulfilling, adventure packed year of my life for sure!  A lot of my friends who were approaching their 30's were not excited about leaving their fun 20's behind them. I don't think I've ever dreaded the 30's. I looked at it, as a time where you have most of your life together, you know who you are and where you're going.   So I was looking forward to that milestone of turning 30. I decided I wanted to do something GRAND for the big day. I wanted to celebrate turning 30 at Disney, on a cruise, or doing something amazing. Unfortunately a couple weeks right before I got into a horrible car accident. Our SUV had been totaled, and I had to go to therapy for my back, neck and shoulders daily. Money became tight, because we had almost paid off the SUV, and now we were getting ourselves into a car payment on another car. It was a bad situation all around. I had built up in my mind of this day of turning 30 as something humongous, a right of passage as an adult. Since the special day wasn't going to happen, I was completely bummed. My wonderful family, pulled together and threw a small party at the house. It just wasn't what I had envisioned. I have to admit, I had gotten myself into a funk and wasn't sure how to get myself out. I was praying one morning, and thought what if instead of putting so much pressure on myself to celebrate one day in such style, why not make this the year of 30? Then the dreaming began to start. I had always heard of bucket lists (not these kind that I make for the seasons with my kids). More of a life bucket list. I found myself dreaming BIG, larger than I have before. I started writing down dreams that I thought would be wild to accomplish. I thought let's just see how far I can get with these dreams. If I accomplish them, then great I'll check them off...if not, then that's okay I've got a goals to reach for. So I started many lists for the year:


  • Go on 30 dates with my husband
  • Watch 30 movies
  • Read 30 books
  • 30 new healthy habits
  • Try 30 new things
  • Try 30 new recipes
I'll be sharing in a few more posts about these adventures.

Let's just say I've accomplished so many new amazing things this year, I've already ordered my journal for my 31st year. I know it's been proven that you accomplish 80% of what you write down. I am proof that that's true. I dreamed so big and I can't believe that most of my list is accomplished. I still have a few items on it that I haven't checked off, however I have a month 1/2 left to complete it.

 I honestly can't wait to start dreaming for my 31st year! 

1 comment:

  1. I updated the post about the clothesline with some photos if that helps you...

    ReplyDelete