Sunday, September 30, 2012

crib to bench...part 2

I am thrilled how this project turned out! Last week we took apart our babies crib and decided instead of scrapping the wood, or trying to resell it (which we can't since the regulations on cribs changed this past year) we turned it into a bench. Thank goodness for Pinterest, I'm always finding neat ideas on there. 



There were a lot of holes left in the wood from the crib, so I bought Elmer's wood filler. The expert I chatted with at Home Depot said that once I fill the holes and let them dry, it would be easy to sand if I needed to. I used this stuff with ease, and it only cost me $3!


Before I started sanding the project, I looked online for ideas on how to paint wood without sanding. All of the sites I came across recommended using Glidden's Gripper Primer to use instead of sanding. A couple hours later I painted my bench in a Glidden High Gloss French Grey.


I couldn't wait for it to dry. As soon as it was, I found a perfect spot in my living room for my cozy homemade bench. 


 Not only is it a cute piece of furniture, but it's sentimental, and relatively cheap to make. 


I'm finding myself looking around our house at furniture differently now...wondering if I can repurpose it, or give it a fresh coat of paint. I definitely see more of these projects in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment