Monday, December 10, 2012

7 Day Juice Fast

Lately I've been talking with some of my girl friends that in the new year we want to get healthy and start eating/living better. Then we started talking about wanting to do a 7 day juice fast. We were so excited about the idea, the idea grew and a couple of us, grew to a few of us. This week I opened my email and received one from the Juice Master: aka Jason Vale! It wasn't a personalized email or anything: however it was an email describing the World's Biggest Juice Detox. He's encouraging the world to do the detox. Last year he had over 18,000 people participate. This year he's looking to have over 20,000 participate. The Juice fast starts January 7 - January 13 2013. How neat is that, we were already thinking/planning to do a juice fast in the new year and here is a movement happening, inspiring the world to do a juice fast.



The reason he's not doing it January 1st, is to get your body ready for a juice fast after the holiday eating. So the first few days in January you cut out the sugar and garbage and stop caffeine etc to get ready for the fast.

Check out the website here.

Go to the Juice Master's website and sign up to join us!

So what will you need for the Juice fast?
  • a Juicer 
  •  a Blender 
  •  Mason Jars (to store and bring your juice with you to work/while you're out)  
  •  Fresh fruits/veggies to create delicious juice
  • Optional:  His book 7 lbs in 7 days, or his Iphone app 7lbs in 7 days (to follow along, get great advice, amazing recipes etc)
 

So you're considering juicing in January with us? Here's a few reasons why I do it:

  • You feel fabulous!
  • Great way to jump start weight loss
  • A quick way to get rid of toxicity in the body (especially after Christmas and holiday foods this season)
  • Get a ton of minerals and nutrients to your body quickly with juicing
So what's my plan?

I've signed up for the world's biggest juice detox to start on the 7th and end on the 13th of January. I'm also going to start the Daniel Fast on January 1st. That way my body will be prepared for the juice fast. After the juice fast I'm going to continue the Daniel fast until January 21st. Not only will I be starting off the year right with healthy habits and spending the 1st 21 days of the year restraining from my sweet treats to focus on the Lord and hear his direction for my year and life. 

Want to be part? Follow this blog. I will be posting each day a video or post. Also, follow our group Greener living moms to get encouragement and feedback from other juicers during the journey. 

Live in Pensacola? We'll be going out for juice once during the week as a group at Everman. There's strength in numbers. we can do it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment