Sunday, August 21, 2011

"None of your Beeswax"

Have you ever said that ('none of your beeswax') in elementary school when someone was getting too much in your business? Well besides saying it in elementary school i really haven't talked much about beeswax until now. Now all of sudden it's a topic of interest to me. I'm really wanting to make the beeswax lip balm & beeswax candles. The beeswax candles are supposed to take FOREVER to burn. I found a beekeeper yesterday at the Farmer's market who will sell me some beeswax. I'll probably see if Juan will call him and pick up some beeswax. The guy sells it from his house. I def don't want to go alone.

This honey (above) is from the kittrells. they're located in Alabama. It's delicious & their soap is amazing!


I'm really excited about some local honey i purchased. I looked up the benefits of honey. "The vitamins present in honey are B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and certain amino acids. The minerals found in honey include calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.This natural sweetener has antioxidants -- , is fat free and cholesterol free! It was $7 for the jar, but it came from cantonment. Can't get more local than that!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try one of your candles and now I'm off to take a tsp. of honey :-)

    ReplyDelete