Wednesday, August 17, 2011

the whole truth...

Sooooo........

the other day I shared about the home made items I started making. The one story I didn't share was a wonderful bath gel I made for Charlotte's bath. I suppose, it just slipped my mind...well or maybe I didn't want to share my unsuccessful story. haha. Well here it goes.

The ingredients are:
- 1/2 cup bottled water
- 1 packet UNFLAVORED gelatin
- 1/2 cup baby shampoo

I definitely had water & baby shampoo...but who has UNFLAVORED gelatin in their house? I had green and I had cherry. After making so many successful recipes I wanted to try another on....So I asked Charlotte "what kind of bath gel do you want? Green or Red?" She said "red" so red it was. I figured the best kids bath stuff smells good and it is usually brightly colored. So we followed the instructions...except for the kind of gelatin. We mixed it all together on the stove, let it cool & put it in a container in the fridge. It looked & smelled great!

When bath time rolled around I grabbed the home made bath gel & put a scoop in her bath. It didn't seem to do anything to the bath, so I added two more scoops into the bath. I asked Charlotte what she thought & if she could pick it up and play with it. As she did, all of a sudden her hand was turning red, and then it was changing the water red. I shrieked and tried to scoop all the scoops out of the tub, and told her to stay to the other side of the tub (where the water was still somewhat clear).  I quickly washed her hair & got her out of there in record time.  What a mess.

Let's just say this is probably why I'm not the best cook....I swap one ingredient for another and still expect the same results.

Oh well...lesson learned.  you win some, you loose some.

1 comment: