Monday, November 5, 2012

Girls Spa night!

I had the opportunity to host a 'Spa Party' at my home. Friends of mine started selling beauticontrol products. I chose a Detox themed party. There are many different kinds of spa parties they can throw. I was very excited to try their detox line of products. The 'beauty' of hosting one of these parties is the lovely ladies who sell beauty control do all the spa treatments to you! My part was just opening my home, inviting all my friends and of course, providing the food. So what kind of food do you prepare for a spa party? I assumed it would need to be a lighter fare. Here's what I prepared:


  1. Fruit Kabobs 
  2. Veggie Tray
  3. Quinoa Salad
  4. Semi Dried Tomatoes 
  5. Hummus and pita chips (both were store bought)
  6. Cucumber cups filled with olive tapenade
  7. Organic Iced white peppermint tea (sweetened with organic cane sugar)
  8. Iced raspberry tea (sweetened with organic cane sugar)
  9. Coffee (organic sugar, organic cream, homemade whipped cream)



Instead of the usual fruit tray I would do, I got the idea to do fruit kabobs from Pinterest!  Their fruit kabobs had strawberries on them, and I agree they would've made the kabobs much prettier. Unfortunately when I went to purchase the strawberries they had doubled in price since I was there earlier in the week. I wasn't going to pay what they were selling them for...so I opted for blackberries since they were on sale. 

Nothing special. Just my regular veggie tray. Our Veggie tray included:
tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, green peppers, broccolini (tiny broccoli!), organic carrots and organic ranch dressing.

Cucumber cups filled with Olive tepanade. Courtesy of Kris Carr from her latest book Crazy Sexy kitchen. (if you're not sure who this girl is...she was diagnosed with cancer about a decade ago and have held her cancer at bay by completely changing her lifestyle. To learn more about her journey click here

Semi-dried tomatoes. These were so yummy! This is my first time blanching anything! It turned out great. After blanching them, they went into the oven on the lowest setting for 4 hours. Of course I topped them with yummy seasonings first. You can get the recipe from Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Kitchen Book.

Quinoa Salad. (sorry it's blurry). It tasted kinda like tabouli (one of my favorite mediterranean dishes). 


Us girls, had a great time. The comments at the party included:

"Do you normally eat like this?" -- haha. I'm not sure how to take that. I didn't find it abnormal...

"Do you do all the cooking at your home?" --absolutely not. My hubby does MOST of the cooking. I usually do it on my days off (2x a week).

"What is this?" --referring to the quinoa salad. 

I think the veggie fare was enjoyed by most...we hardly had any leftovers to put in the fridge. That's definitely always a good sign.








No comments:

Post a Comment