Monday, November 26, 2012

The Dancing cucumber

I'm not sure if any of you remember my last post about my cucumbers...but they didn't end well for me. The ants came in and enjoyed my plant. However after I wrote that I didn't pull the plant. I left it. I figured I'll pull it once it's completely dead and brown. It never completely turned dead and brown. I had the surprise of my life this week, when I went outside and spotted a CUCUMBER on the vine! My cucumber plant miraculously survived. I literally jumped up and down and shouted "WOHOO! I didn't kill my plant!"I couldn't believe it.

Can you spot my lone cucumber?



Every time I talk about my cucumbers I always think of Veggie tales and the Dance of the cucumber song. I figured it was best to share that video, than one of my attempt at singing that song. haha.



So if you think something is far beyond help/repair, don't count it out. It might surprise you. Like my cucumber coming back from what I thought was dead.  Another gardening lesson from the newbie gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment