Thursday, April 26, 2012

FASCINATING Earth Shattering Documentaries...

I have been watching fascinating Earth Shattering documentaries....they've really changed my worldview. They've been pivotal in a paradigm shift in my life. The past couple weeks I've been on a intense quest for knowledge. The more research I do, the more I want to learn and put into practice in my life.

It all started with watching Hungry For Change. It was inspiring. I wanted more knowledge. I felt like I was starving and I wanted to know more and more information.
http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

It led me to watching Food Matters & then Food Inc.  These two films really rocked my world. I was appalled at how our industry has turned medicine and food into a money maker. The focus became money.  Our health seemed to be on the back burner. I am appalled and how farmers, animals, and people are treated. I am appalled at how our nation got to this place. I mostly appalled that I didn't know this information sooner. How could I have not heard this information before? Why isn't this on the news each night?  Perhaps the information has been here...I just wasn't ready to hear it?
http://www.foodmatters.tv/



I found Kris Carr who battled her cancer with what she ate and how she lived. She had a documentary called: Crazy Sexy Cancer. I watched this and then read her book Crazy Sexy Diet.  She is absolutely inspirational. She didn't settle for regular chemo treatment and decided to juice her way back to health. I found this to be such an unconventional way to battle a disease. I found her to be truly brave.
She has a phenomenal blog: 

After reading Kris Carr's book and watching her film I started hearing more about the Gerson Therapy. I was curious what this was about.  I read the book 'The Gerson Therapy'. 


I watched these films on the Gerson Therapy and couldn't believe how many people cured themselves of horrible diseases including cancer by changing their diet. Who knew the saying "You are what you eat" is really true? If you eat Red dye #40, and other crazy chemicals that are known carcinogens you will actually be that environment?  Who knew that fruits & veggies could really be that powerful?




So that's what kind of information I've been digesting lately. I'm not making any declarations of how I'm going to live, or what I'm going to eat or not eat. I don't think I'm ready for that. I am however still collecting data to discover what is best for me and my family.   The one common denominator throughout all the information thus far is: fruits, veggies, and whole grains are much more powerful than I realized. I have the power to be healthy! 

Have you seen any of these documentaries or read any of these books? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.






No comments:

Post a Comment