Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Organic Food Delivered?

Until I'm able to have a more bountiful garden I found a GREAT way to get fresh organic produce. While I was visiting the Alternative Health Food Store in Pace, I discovered a company called "OFF the VINE"




They claim to "Bring the Farmers Market to you." There's no delivery fee. They promise to deliver only Organic Produce weekly. They only deliver what you order. You can have a standing order for each week, or you can have a different order each week. There's no commitment. Sounded promising!

I placed an order for a Mixed Vegetable and Fruit Box Share. It's supposed to be enough for a family of 2-4 for a week. The order has to be placed by midnight on Sunday night and I have to pick up my order at the Alternative Health Food store tomorrow on Wednesday between 3-6pm. I'm excited to see what the box looks like and how much produce is in it. I should be expecting: Spring onions, bok choy, yellow crooked neck squash,green beans, carrots with tops, romaine lettuce, broccoli, white button mushrooms, collard greens, Anjou pears, Fuji apples, Ruby grapefruit, Minneola tangerines and strawberries! 

One word: YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment