Sunday, April 22, 2012

Green smoothie


In order to eat/drink more fruits and veggies daily I've decided I want to start juicing. The only negative I've found is that a good juicer is SO EXPENSIVE. Well at least a strong one that isn't too difficult to clean. I've read a lot on juicing and the amazing health benefits it provides. In fact I just ordered a couple books from the Juice Master Jason Vale.  I first saw him in the documentary: Hungry for Change that was just released in March.



In the meantime, until I can get a juicer I've been making smoothies in my blender.  Blending smoothies has been a great way to make sure my kids get healthy servings of fruit in the morning. I've been adding some OJ, ice, and yogurt to the smoothies as well.


This week I tried a new smoothie. My friend Natalie invited me to try a green smoothie. I must admit I had NEVER had a green smoothie and I was definitely hesitant to try it due to its color. It really wasn't that bad...I tried sharing it with my family, but I unfortunately they didn't not enjoy the spinach color.


I'm so excited to start juicing, I still can't afford a fancy juicer, but my friend has a juicer she doesn't use anymore that she's going to give me. What a blessing! Thank God for good friends!

 I'm so excited to start juicing at home!  I'm wondering how many other veggies I can hide in juices from my kiddos!

Anyone else out there juice? What's your favorite juice concoction?

No comments:

Post a Comment