Monday, April 2, 2012

Mom's group

It's been a couple months since my last post. I've really been wanting to share all the Green Moment's I've been up to lately.

6 weeks ago I started a mom's group at my church. It was a place where mom's could share about being a mom. We focused on living a healthier  lifestyle. Of course there were bumps along the way, but the 6 weeks was a time new friendships were formed!

There were definitely some bumps along the way...I was REALLY sick the 1st night I was going to start the mom's group, so we had to postpone the launch a week. The 5th week none of the ladies could make it for various reasons so we had to canceled.

I loved being able to share my "green moments". The ladies shared theirs as well.  We made laundry detergent, a tub scrub, dishwasher detergent, an exfoliant, a facial cleanser, and healthy smoothies all naturally!

These ladies were an encouragement to me! One of the best moments is when a lady came to the group and shared with us that she had beaten cancer by living a healthier lifestyle. She didn't do any chemo or radiation. She switched to juicing, eating organic, cutting out ALL processed foods, white flour & sugar. How amazing is that?!?!? Not that I'm advocating not doing chemo or radiation. But it was such an affirmation that eating better can change your life!

I'm still on this journey and learning more everyday. Looking for some "green moments" in my day today:)

--Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment