Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bad week better with the Pumpkin Patch

Have you ever had one of those weeks where things didn't go well? You anticipated everything to go smoothly, and then it felt as if the world was crashing? ....Well that was my week. By the end of the week I was just ready for some family time. Where better to have family time, than a pumpkin patch? It is definitely on our families Autumn bucket list. Last year we went to Holland Farms for the first time as a family. I decided then, that this would be a great annual family tradition. They have hayrides, a corn box, a petting zoo, a hay maze and a double slide down a huge hill! It's a great place to go as a family. Pumpkins are $5, or you can get a wristband which includes all of the activities plus a pumpkin! A great deal, either way!

The weather was absolutely crummy this morning in North Florida, with rain most of the day. By the time my hubby got home from work the skies had cleared and the sun was shinning. The drive out in the country to the farm is about 20 minutes. I love hearing my kids get excited about seeing cotton growing in the fields, spotting cows, or horses. My sweet two year old would cry as we passed the cows saying "they're going away!" He just loves animals.

When we pulled up to Holland Farms I noticed, that they had really upgraded their farm a lot since last year. They had a new barn, new fences, and a permanent location for the corn box with a cover. If you haven't seen/heard of a corn box, you don't know what you're missing! It's a great big box full of....you guessed it: CORN! The kids had a blast playing in the corn.


We buried the kids in it!


My two year old made "corn angels"!


It was so much fun, I had to jump in to!

I think my hubby had the most fun! I love these pictures of him.


They had these great wagons you could take out to the patch to bring your pumpkin back in. Our little ones enjoyed the ride.


Before we found our way to the patch we stopped at the slide. My son went down it with my hubby. We didn't think the the slide would be wet, or full of that dirt that you see all around it. Let's just say my husband didn't want to stop anywhere else after the pumpkin patch in public....the backside of his pants looked slightly, um let's say embarrassing. 

Here's my handsome men heading out to find the perfect pumpkin.

Each kiddo got to pick out their favorite pumpkin. I wonder what their strategy was to finding the perfect one? As you can see my 2 year old found the biggest one in the whole pumpkin patch!


He decided to take a ride back with the pumpkins, in all fairness it was a REALLY long walk back.

Before making it all the way back to the barn to check out, the kids went through the hay maze. My two year old was pretty smart to follow My five year old, and they made it through in no time!

Next was the petting zoo. Can you hear him say "GOAT"?

We got a couple small pumpkins too. We might do a fun craft with these when we get home. I'm thinking maybe painting them fun colors?


The best part of the Pumpkin Patch Adventure? Since it started out a rainy day, the place was practically empty! We had the place to ourselves. Last year, when we came it was packed with people! Let's just say this is the perfect place to go when I needed a little "pick me up". We had a blast, until it was time to go home.


He cried all the way home saying "farmer"! Bless his little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment