Friday, October 5, 2012

epic FAIL!

I definitely tried to have a green moment this week, by redoing some cheapo particle board furniture from Walmart. It turned out to be an EPIC FAIL...Here's what happened:

Let's just say all the wonderful advice I read on the Internet about not having to sand furniture before priming and painting was a complete LIE! Can you believe that people on the Internet don't always know what their talking about? haha. Maybe it just was too good to be true. I just was trying to save some time and energy and I always find that sanding is just so exhausting. You know what is exhausting?  It's painting my laminate bookshelf with the Glidden gripper primer, and then my high gloss french grey paint....and then watching it peel right off so easily by something bumping up against it. That was exhausting! It was awful. So I'd repaint a section and the same thing would happen again.



I first wrote about this type of way of finishing wood projects when I was turning our baby's crib into a crib.  I was planning on the bookcase being mostly this beautiful french grey color with the background being a pop of orange. It was going to look so beautiful...frankly I'm sick of painting. 

I saw an awesome idea on Pinterest of using fabric as the background pop of color, instead of painting the whole thing again. Perhaps I'll peel off the rest of the paint and get some fabric instead. 

I'll definitely continue to try to find other ways to have green moments...this just wasn't one of them.


1 comment:

  1. http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/02/how-to-paint-furniture/

    ReplyDelete