Monday, January 7, 2013

DAY 1

We had planned to wake up at 6 am to start juicing, get the kids ready, get us ready and get out to door to our 4 locations for the day....but for some reason we couldn't spring out of bed. We clicked on the DAY1 video from Jason Vale to get inspired for the week. He had great tips for the week. One of my favorites was "Shut up and eat it , or shut up and don't eat it". we have a choice to choose to juice, or choose to eat the junk. It's important to not complain during the juice detox...you're just making it harder on yourself. You can eat whatever you want. What are you choosing to do this week? Keep a positive attitude. I love this!  Great motivation to start off the week right.


We got up and decided to divide and conquer! Juan got the kids ready, while I started the task of juicing 6 juices.

  • Our 8am juice, the Super Juice (apples, pineapple, cucumber, lime, avocado, ice)
  • Our 11 am juice, another Super Juice
  • Our 2 pm juice, the super chute juice  (apples, carrot, celery, mixed green leaves, cucumber,  red beet, zucchini, lemon, ginger root, ice)
This morning we used:

  • 12 apples
  • 1 pineapple
  • 1 lime
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 inches of carrots
  • 1 stalk of celery
  • 1/2 cup of lettuce
  • 1 cucumber & 2 inches 
  • 1 inch of red beet
  • 1 inch of zucchini
  • 2 inches of lemon
  • 1 inch of ginger
We poured the 6 juices in mason jars, and labeled the top with 8am, 11am 2pm. So there's no guess work to what we're drinking & when. I put mine in a lunch tote and put them in the fridge when I got  to work. I filled a cooler with ice for my hubby and put his mason jars in there since he's on the road all day for work.

I saw on the greener living mom's facebook page that Ms. Shirley prepared her fruits/veggies for a few days and separated them into bags. I think I might do that to prepare ahead of time. This morning took A LOT longer than I anticipated.

So at 8am I had the Super Juice, and I have to say it's SUPER delicious. I had made a bit extra and my son LOVED it. You know it's a winner when the kiddos like it!

Looking forward to drinking the 2pm one while I wait in the car rider line to pick up my daughter from school. When I get home I'll start preparing all the fruits/veggies for the juices tonight and the ones we'll be juicing tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment