Sunday, January 13, 2013

What to do with the Pineapples...DAY 7!

DAY 7 is here!  I did it, with lots of prayer and definitely the Lord's help. The Juice Detox is over! I feel like a million bucks. I am on a path to physical wellness. Not just living well, but thriving! I don't want this momentum to stop.

I had juiced all of our juices for today, yesterday. So we didn't have to get out the juicer at all today.  When we started this 7 day juice journey we planned that we would eat lunch on the 7th day. Of course we had the lunch planned out completely. We were headed to one of our favorite spots: Chili's! We set limits for ourselves: Salad, chips & salsa! My first bite of a chip with salsa was one my mouth couldn't handle the intense flavors. I didn't even wait for someone to say grace. I bit down on the first chip, and the salt taste was delicious. The crunch of the chip, with the cold yet spicy salsa were welcomed flavors to my mouth. Since we've been having nothing but juice for the last seven days, I was singing in my seat over the yummy chips and salsa.  I couldn't wait for my salad to arrive. Jason Vale was right, I was craving veggies, not donuts! Wohoo! I made it! The juice detox works!

So the plan starting tomorrow???  Back to the Daniel fast. Eating whole grains, fruits, nuts, seeds, veggies, and water. It seems like there are SO many choices to eat on the Daniel Fast. About a year ago when I did the Daniel Fast I felt like I was depriving myself of so much. Now the Daniel Fast feels like a welcomed and exciting change! Funny how our perspective changes so much, as time goes on. After doing the Juice fast, the Daniel fast feels like it's really full of so many options.

My counter is empty since we've used all the fruits and veggies. I am chilling tonight looking through a vegan cookbook and my daniel fast cook book to figure out what the menu plan is for the week. I LOVED Jason Vale's Turbo express juice, and the Super Juice. I think our family is going to have that each morning for breakfast. Now, I just need to figure out what we're going to have for lunch and dinner. I'm thinking whole grain tortilla's toasted in the oven and topped with pizza sauce (homemade of course), and grilled veggies (grilled with lots of fresh herbs). Since we're on the Daniel Fast (no cheese). I'm salivating just thinking about it.

So with the Fast we went through A LOT of pineapples. I lopped off the tops of them and saved them each time we cut into a pineapple. Today I planted them all in my garden. We're going to dig a long narrow garden along the side of the house where I will space them out more. When they grow they get a lot wider. Pineapple tops grow another pineapple out the top of them. It's a really great idea to save the tops and replant and have another pineapple in 2-3 years. When you go to Lowe's or home depot and buy a pineapple plant the cost is $10! So I have 16 that didn't cost me anything since we were buying them for the juice fast anyway!
Some of the pineapples planted in a garden in front of the house

See the giant pineapple at the front on the right? I planted that one six months ago, and it's tripled in size. 


I also saved all of the pits of the avocados. They're sitting my window sill drying out right now. Hopefully we'll start some avocado trees soon.

Thanks for following along on this journey with me. I'm excited we're in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment