Monday, January 7, 2013

End of Day 1

Well...day 1 is coming to a close. I have had an exciting first start to the 7 day juice fast. I am pumped about the week, I wasn't tempted to eat rotten junk food, and I didn't even have an sugar cravings.   I LOVED the super juice we had twice today. I did find the Super Chute Juice smelled like grass....perhaps too healthy of a smell for me. It didn't taste bad though. I decided next time I make it, I'll definitely add more ginger, and lemon. Perhaps it'll make it taste better.

Super Chute Juice


I almost had a moment of weakness. I found it quite difficult when my husband was making my children personal pizzas tonight. The smell of the crust baking in the oven almost put me over the edge. I was standing at my juicer making our "dinner" the Turbo Express (2 apples, baby spinach leaves, celery, cucumber, lime, pineapple, avocado), while the smell of pizza was in the air .  I knew this week I'd stay away from temptation, and focus on the juicing. However, I didn't anticipate that we'd still have to prepare our children meals. I suppose they do have to eat!  Perhaps I could wear a mask, or scarf over my nose and mouth. I'm totally kidding...well, kind of.

Turbo Express our 5pm dinner.

I also juiced our 8pm drink: The Lemon-Ginger Zinger ( apples, carrots, ginger, lemon). I'm excited to try this one.
The Lemon Ginger Zinger



I also juiced our 9pm treat the Hot & Spicy. I think this is the one I'm most looking forward to! Each night at 9pm we get to juice 3 apples and heat them over the stove and add some cinnamon! Sounds so yummy, and comforting.

Tomorrow morning is a very early morning for our family, so I went ahead and juiced our 8am, 11am & 2pm juices.

I ended up juicing 12 juices tonight. I thought I was being smart juicing everything at the same time...however I had to  keep cleaning the juicer because it kept getting clogged. It was A LOT of work to juice that many juices at one time. I wonder if the juicer will make it through the week.  The nice thing is, the juices are all stored in the fridge in mason jars filled right up to the top and sealed tightly to help keep any oxidization from happening.  So I don't have to juice again until tomorrow afternoon for the evening juices.

Now I'm sitting by the fire, blogging, while my children play super mario. I've got my feet up, chilling on the couch looking forward to our 8pm juice.


Have a Blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment