Friday, January 11, 2013

The Ultimate Test on Day 5!

So I woke up on Day 5 with a TON of energy.  Made 5 juices for my husband, and 5 juices for me. I put them in tightly sealed mason jars in the fridge. I watched Jason's Day 5 video while I was juicing and got so inspired by hearing everyone's stories and the positive outcomes they're having. I appreciate those of you who reached out to me yesterday as I almost struggled. I indeed made it through today.

I made dinner with ease tonight for my kiddos: whole grain pasta with homemade pasta sauce. We had a treat tonight by having a babysitter watch our kids. We were so excited to be able to go out on a date. We planned to go to a movie. I was nervous about being in a theater with the smell of popcorn, and not being able to have any. So I planned to set us up for success. I packed 2 of our juices in mason jars and brought them in my purse. I also brought 2 S.O.S's with me: 2 banana's just in case we were really struggling with the smell of the popcorn and would want to cave.

When we walked into the movie theater the smell of popcorn hit me, but honestly not as badly as I thought it was going to. I clutched my heavy purse (full of 2 full mason jars of juice, and 2 banana's) close to me and proudly walked past the snacks without any regret. I was BEYOND proud of myself. I did it! Way to go me!!!  We walked into our theater and as the lights went down my hubby and I got out our juices. We were doing so well, we didn't even need the 'S.O.S' banana's.


Not only did we survive, but it was not nearly as tough as I thought it was going to be. I think we are getting stronger!  Only 2 more days! We are almost there!!!!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I read your story with a smile and can honestly relate to all that you went through....especially the part where you said 'I clutched my heavy purse close to me'...lol... you did well!!!

    Congrats for going past Day 5. This is my second 7-day and it's not any easier than the first:)

    Cheers & have a great weekend!
    Rah
    Singapore

    ReplyDelete